At La Leche League (LLL) we offer two free breastfeeding support meetings each month for pregnant mothers and breastfeeding mothers in the Indianapolis area.
At an LLL meeting, you can:
- Get out with your baby
- Listen to the stories of other nursing and pregnant mothers
- Watch how other mothers interact with their babies
- Ask a breastfeeding question
- Borrow a baby carrier or a book on breastfeeding, birth, parenting, or nutrition
- Be a shoulder for someone else to lean on
Each month we offer two breastfeeding support meetings for pregnant and nursing mothers.
Our meetings are led by volunteer LLL Leaders, experienced breastfeeding mothers accredited by La Leche League to provide breastfeeding support. Leaders are familiar with breastfeeding management and will be happy to answer your questions at meetings (or by phone or email).
It’s perfectly fine to come late or leave early as needed. Sometimes with a baby it just takes awhile to get out of the house!
Whether you breastfeed your baby 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months, a year or longer, we hope you find LLL meetings supportive and informative.
La Leche League is a non-sectarian not-for-profit dedicated to helping mothers breastfeed their babies. We are active in 60 countries, reaching more than 100,000 mothers monthly. LLL International is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in consultative status with UNICEF, is an NGO in official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO), is an accredited member of the US Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies Coalition, and is a founding member of the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA).
You can support LLL’s work to provide information and support to mothers who wish to breastfeed their babies by becoming a member. Membership starts at $30 and is 100% tax-deductible.
Your membership check will provide funds for:
- Our national breastfeeding helpline
- Educating Leaders to support breastfeeding mothers
- Library, books, pamphlets and other materials for our meetings.
- Ensuring that breastfeeding support will continue to be available for future breastfeeding mothers!